Monday 17 December 2012

Supersize Pets



I had to post the following picture which was me holding my friend’s cat, Artie, at a party at the weekend. He is a Maine Coon which is known to be the one of the largest breeds of domestic cat but Artie has to be the largest pussy cat I’ve ever seen. He also has a lovely nature which is just as well as I’m sure he could have your arm off if he wanted.

In fact, I also have a supersized pet of my own, Eddie the Whippet. He is a fully kennel club registered dog (under his original name of Conan the Barbarian or something) but he was the largest puppy of his litter and ended up growing into something the size of a greyhound but without the extra muscle that fully blown greyhounds develop and the general IQ of an amoeba. I tried to get a picture of him next to Sam, a normal sized whippet, but one or the other of them kept sitting down, wandering off or licking the camera. I’ve put a red line on to indicate the difference in shoulder height. Essentially Sam can walk under Eddie (and frequently does).

I think the biggest outsized pets I’ve seen are rabbits in Germany. In fact, they aren’t strictly pets as they are originally farmed animals but I’ve seen some really enormous bunnies. I’m not sure whether they would get big enough to bother Jimmy Stewart but this one would take some looking after.

No comments:

Post a Comment