Friday 31 December 2010

Why Still Blog?

Well, it looks like I managed to do it: I've kept up this blog for a whole year! Over that time, I've read quite a few books (seemingly, lots of biographies by comedians), I've got into Jazz music in quite a big way (and can't understand how I never heard Charles Mingus before), a whole series of Doctor Who has been and gone, I've watched a few films, been bothered by driving, the World Cup happened and somewhere along the line we found ourselves with a new government and I found myself with a new job. The year seems to have flown past and yet I actually seem to have done more than I imagined.

So, is a blog a worthwhile exercise? When I started this I thought I'd try to do two entries per week and I do seem to have kept up with that. Keeping a blog can certainly be time consuming - and time is a commodity I find increasingly in short supply. I've also found that on occasion I've struggled to find something worthwhile to write about and yet on other occasions I've had more ideas than I knew what to do with. However, it's interesting to read through old entries to see what I was thinking at the time and I can see why many become addicted to their diary keeping. The trick is to keep it up - even if that does involve forcing ones fingers to the keyboard every so often. So maybe I won't write entries as often but I'll certainly keep going.

So here's to the last year and looking forward to 2011 - which, no doubt, I will start with a crippling hangover as ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment